Skip to Main Content

The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.


Soccer Maine Forms

 Club Affiliation Application
Required from any new or existing organization wishing to affiliate with Soccer Maine for the purposes of registering players or teams to play youth soccer in Maine. This form and its required attachments (club bylaws, articles of incorporation and fee) must be submitted to Soccer Maine’s Executive Director for review and approval.  Once approved at the ED level, it is then presented to the Soccer Maine Board of Directors for final approval. The documentation must be submitted a minimum of two months prior to any deadlines for team submission so that Soccer Maine's Board of Directors have time to meet and discuss approval of any new club.


Eligibility Waiver Form
Required for any classic league player who meets the specified criteria, thereby permitting a player to look for a club outside of his/her town or specified district. Receiving club must initiate this waiver form.  Only the 3 conditions listed on the form are allowed – there will be no exceptions. Please contact your club president directly with any questions regarding player eligibility rules.  If you do not have a club in your area/town/school district, please contact Executive Director of Soccer Maine at


MSPL Classic Qualification Form
Required of any 12U and up classic team that wishes to apply to play in the Maine State Premier League.  10U and 11U teams from classic clubs cannot apply to play in the MSPL.  Form must be filled out by the Club President and sent to Executive Director of Soccer Maine at


Notification of Travel
Required of all teams traveling to out-of-state tournaments and leagues.
Notification of travel is now available in your Got Soccer team account. Simply enter your team account, go to Events in the dark blue menu bar, then Permission to Travel in the grey menu bar. Click on E-Travel – Search Events and enter your information to find your tournament. 

If the tournament is not in Got Soccer, please use the E-Travel – Other Event link.
If the tournament has not uploaded their Permission to Host documents, please go to the tournament’s website to get that information and submit our paper form.


US Youth Soccer Permission to Travel Form


International Permission to Travel

Permission of the US Soccer Federation is required for all travel outside the United States.  This includes such short trips as to Canada and much longer trips to Europe, South America and Asia.
A reminder to all teams planning travel outside the U.S.:   A team that intends to travel outside the United States must secure permission to travel from both Soccer Maine and U.S. Soccer.  For U.S. Soccer forms and instructions on the U.S. Soccer web site click here.

In granting permission to travel, U.S. Soccer is NOT liable for transportation, accommodations, illness, or injury to persons or property sustained in the course of sanctioned travel.

Applications must be submitted a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the start date of the planned travel.  U.S. Soccer is not required to accept or approve any applications submitted less than thirty (30) days in advance of the event or travel.

Questions about the application process for foreign travel can be directed to



IMPORTANT!!! If a team wants to play in a tournament that is not sanctioned by U.S. Youth Soccer or another U.S. Soccer Youth Member Organization (i.e. US Club, USSSA), the team must obtain separate insurance to cover everyone associated with the team. Soccer Maine insurance, both general liability and medical coverage does not cover play in events not sanctioned by non U.S. Soccer member organizations.

Player Registration Form
Required of all players that are considering playing on teams outside of the State of Maine for a USYS affiliated team. You must first register with your State before you can be considered for a Transfer, Release, or Permission to Play in Another State.


Player Status Form
Required of all players that are considering playing on teams outside of the State of Maine, are requesting a release from their current team, or are requesting a transfer to another team. Please fill out the form and mail it, along with the appropriate fee, to Shari Levesque, Executive Director, Soccer Maine, P.O. Box 327, Portland, ME 04062.


For out-of-state players that are considering playing on teams within the State of Maine, please contact your State office, as you will need to register and complete a Player Status form in your home state, which would then needs to be sent to Maine before you can be rostered on a Maine team.

Application to Host a Tournament or Games - Required of all tournaments hosted in Maine.  Please fill out the form and mail it, along with the $50 fee, to Soccer Maine, P.O. Box 327, Windham, ME  04062, a minimum of 30 days prior to your tournament.

Tournament Hosting Agreement - mail as noted above.